Projects Approved in 2015
Voters decided that 54.7% of the $1 million go toward street resurfacing throughout the ward.
Other projects selected in 2015 were:
- Bike lanes on Milwaukee from Lawrence to Addison
- School Campus improvements at Farnsworth Elementary and Disney II Elementary
- Pedestrian bump-outs at Milwaukee and Cuyler, Milwaukee and Warner, Milwaukee and Giddings, Central and Balmoral, and Central and Leland
- Pedestrian refuge islands on Cicero at Pensacola
- Lighting and pedestrian improvements under the Kennedy at Pulaski and the sidewalk next to the Kennedy from Pulaski and Dakin to Byron and Parkside
- People spots at Six Corners, around Lawrence and Milwaukee, and around Lawrence and Austin
Below is an interactive map of all the winning 45th Ward Participatory Budgeting projects. To view different layers, click on the arrow located at the upper left-hand corner. To open the map in Google Maps, click the brackets located at the top of the upper right-hand corner.